• 100 g dried beef sausage, diced.
• 2 tbsp. olive oil • 350 g lentils
• 2 cloves garlic, minced • 1 small bunch of parsley and coriander
• 1 teaspoon cumin • 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt • ½ teaspoon tomato paste • 1 liter water
Grind coarsely grind the lentils and rinse them to remove the skin.
Fry the diced sausage in a large non-stick pan, remove from pan and keep warm.
Place the lentils in a cooking pot with garlic, bouquet of herbs, spices, olive oil, tomato concentrate and water. Cover and let cook on low heat for 25 mn.
Remove the bouquet of herbs and mix the lentils to get a velvety texture.
Serve lentil soup garnished with fried diced sausage and accompanied by vegetables briouat.